Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Johnny Cash

His words penetrate my skin
And a smile plays across my lips,
His guitar fingers my heart strings,
His rhythm sways my hips.

I close my eyes and see his,
Staring deep down into my own.
There is a certain darkness there,
It makes me feel at home.

He reaches out and touches me,
A gentle brush across my cheek,
He presses his lips to my ear,
And starts to speak.

“The taste of love is sweet,
When hearts like ours meet.
I fell for you like a child,
Oh, but the fire went wild.”

I lift my chin and arch my back,
Letting the enchantment fill me.
It rushes through my veins,
And I submit to him willingly.

“I fell into a burning ring of fire,
I went down, down, down,
And the flames went higher.”

The spell takes hold of my heart,
A hostage for a captor,
He will never let it go,
Not in this life, nor after.

I will always love being his,
Even when he deserts me.
I will wait for him again and again,
No matter how much it hurts me.

“And it burns, burns, burns,
The ring of fire,
The ring of fire.”

No comments:

Post a Comment