Tuesday, April 10, 2012

For him

I hear about you every day
How graciously you labor for Him
It leaves me without words to say
And fills my thoughts with fancy whim

For, sometimes I wish to reach you
If only to grasp your hand
To transfer my emotions through
To make you understand

That even though we’ve never met
Nor ever shared a single word
Your face I just cannot forget
And I know this sounds absurd

But when I close my eyes at night
It is only you I see
With your arms held outright
Waiting to accept me

And suddenly I trust you
As if I’ve known you all along
And my heart tells me that
With you is where I belong

I know that’s just a dream
Because you are His chosen son
And I am just mainstream
But I know that you’re the one

Perhaps it is like the time before
When He chose Mary
And once she was reformed
She was who Jesus wanted to marry*

It’s an example of a love so sincere
That it has no spiritual limit
Something to which we could adhere
If only He would permit it

*According to the non-Canonical Gospels.

No comments:

Post a Comment